Applications are now open for an Australian Professional Opportunity (APO) on ‘Leading for Women’s Economic Empowerment’.
This activity aims to build the capabilities of up to 20 participants to understand and address the diverse barriers women face in accessing decent and safe work.
The Australian Professional Opportunity will explore a holistic approach to women’s economic empowerment, recognising that creating safe and decent work environment requires governments, businesses and communities to work in partnership to address intersectional systemic barriers. The proposed APO uses the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles as its foundation. The APO will also provide opportunities for linkages and learnings between participants and Australian and regional organisations and coaches.
Participants will gain:
- an understanding of modern-day slavery; gender responsive supply chains; linking gender-based violence and women’s health rights to women’s economic empowerment programming; addressing the burden of unpaid care work; the role of governments in providing gender sensitive social safety nets; and the UN Women and UN Global Compact’s Women’s Empowerment Principles (grounded in the recognition that businesses have a stake in and responsibility for gender equality and women’s empowerment).
- skills in identifying harmful gendered norms-change and planning norm change campaigns.
- confidence and skills to step into leadership roles for women’s economic empowerment.
- coaching support and linkages with leading gender specialists from Australia and the region.
The course will be delivered online in six, 3-hour webinars over a 10-weeks period from the week beginning 15 November 2021 to 14 February 2022. Four weeks of small group coaching support will also be delivered by a team of Australian based coaches.
- Webinars 1 – 4 will be held every week on a Wednesday morning (Nepal time) from 17 November to 10 December 2021. Participants are required to be available for 3 hours to engage online.
- Small group coaching sessions will be held once a week at a time mutually agreed with the participants on 15 December and then from 19 January to 2 February 2022
- Webinar 5 – 6 will be held on Wednesday morning (Nepal time) on 9 February and 16 February 2022. Participants are required to be available for 3 hours to engage online.
Interested female applicants are invited to read the Concept Note and submit an online Application Form by 28 September 2021.