To be eligible for an Australia Awards Scholarship, you must meet certain standards in English language proficiency, with the results valid as at 1 January 2022. At minimum, you must have:
- an IELTS (Academic) overall score of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6.0; or
- a TOEFL internet based (iBT) score of at least 84, with a minimum of 21 in all sub-tests; or
- a PTE (Academic) overall score of 58 with no communicative skill score less than 50.
Women, people with disability, members of traditionally marginalised groups and nominated public servants will be considered for eligibility with an IELTS (Academic) overall score of 6.0 or above (with no individual band less than 5.5) or an equivalent TOEFL (iBT) or PTE (Academic) test score. However, if offered an Australia Awards Scholarship, these applicants must meet the English language requirements of their course.
English language testing
The cost of English language testing can be high. Proper preparation considering your individual needs is key to successfully submitting your application.
Please visit the following websites for more details:
- British Council — Nepal
- IDP — International Education Specialists
- ETS — TOEFL
- Pearson — PTE Academic in Nepal
Applicants with disability are encouraged to contact English language test organisations as early as possible, to apply for necessary testing accommodations.