To be eligible for an Australia Awards Scholarship, you must meet certain standards in English language proficiency, with the results valid as at 1 January 2020. At minimum, you must have:
- an IELTS (Academic) overall score of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6.0; or
- a TOEFL internet-based test (iBT) score of at least 79, with a minimum of 21 in all sub-tests; or
- a PTE Academic overall score of 58 with no communicative skill score less than 50.
Women, people with disability, members of traditionally marginalised groups and nominated public servants will be considered for eligibility with an IELTS (Academic) overall score of 6.0 or above (with no individual band less than 5.0) or an equivalent TOEFL or PTE test score. However, if offered an Australia Awards Scholarship, these applicants must meet the English language requirements of their course.
English language testing
The cost of English language testing can be high. Proper preparation considering your individual needs is key to successfully submitting your application.
Please visit the following websites for more details:
- British Council — Nepal
- IDP — International Education Specialists
- ETS — TOEFL
- Pearson — PTE Academic in Nepal
People with disability wishing to apply are encouraged to get in touch with English language test centres as early as possible, as the testing facility will need time to make necessary adjustments to meet individual needs.